Yesterday, I hit 10,000 views on my blog. I watched the number turn over, the way little kids used to, when their folks’ million year old pickup finally went back to zero. It takes a really long time to pick up that one, last view… and I’ve been a little impatient.
It’s a milestone that will stick, and one I’ve been looking forward to for a while. It’s not quite a counting-down-the-days thing, but you know.
I’m gong to buy myself a t-shirt to commemorate the equation, and maybe something useful, like a how-to book. Or something scary, like a podcasting microphone. Seems like more than a few of my friends are getting into podcasting. (They talk about it, anyway.)
Oh, yes… and I got a new award to add to my Writer Scout Sash.
My friend Juneta Key (From the Writer’s Gambit, from Medium from Holly’s Writing Classes, from the StoryTime Blog Hop, and probably a bunch of other places I forgot…) nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award.
_Okoto Enigma is the creator of this award. (I do not know Okoto personally, so all I can promise is that a brief perusal of the website didn’t reveal anything too heinous.)
Rule 1: Put the award logo/image on your blog. (ABOVE)
Rule 2: List the rules. (You’re Reading Them)
Rule 3: Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. (Juneta Key-ABOVE)
Rule 4: Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (ABOVE under LOGO)
Rule 5: Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- I’ve changed my focus from writing fairly gruesome thrillers to writing science fiction. That started as a brain stretch, and then stuck.
- I’m one of the mods at Holly’s Writing Classes. No, I have no idea how that happened, or who thought it was a good idea.
- I finally went to a writers’ conference this year, and I was terrified!
Rule 6: You have to nominate a bunch of people (some say 5 others say 20).
Since I’m not sure who’s into this kind of thing, just go ahead and nominate yourselves in the comments. I’ll add links up here, as soon as I have them.
Rule 7: Notify your nominees. (Hey, guys! If you nominated yourself, you’re nominated.)
Rule 8: Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, one weird or funny question.
- If you could get a redo on ONE thing in your life without impunity, what would it be?
- If you had three wishes, what would your THIRD wish be?
- Describe your “true self” in three words.
- If you were a Star Wars character, who would you be? Can be anyone in old, new or expanded universe, but you cannot take a test to find out. Who do you see yourself as? If you don’t know Star Wars, use Lord of the Rings, or Pirates of the Caribbean or Harry Potter as a substitute only if you are not familiar with Star Wars. I know, not everyone is as crazy about it as I am.
- If you had the opportunity to know your future, would you? Why or Why not?
- I’d probably go to Germany for my university education, or maybe just take some time off and figure out what I wanted to do.
- Probably for someone to share the first two wishes with. I’d probably wind up wasting a wish, as that’s when the genie would hand me my sister’s cat, or point out all the people I already have.
- Frazzled by day job.
- At the moment, I feel like R2D2… someone who needs massive translation to be understood by humans.
- I wouldn’t mind knowing, if I also had the ability to change the future. But the idea of here’s what’s going to happen, and you can’t do a darn thing about it would bother me.
So, for my nominees, I’m going to stick with the same questions. Juneta is really good at this, and most of mine wind up being more… So, what’s your favorite color?
Rule 9: Share a link to your best post.
My story the Poisoner of Time seems to be pretty popular this year.
Or there’s always What is the Purpose of YA and MG, if you’re feeling more like bickery non-fiction.