I’m making progress on putting my manuscript into chronological order. Most of the time, it’s my own stubbornness slowing things down. Oh, yes…. I’m aware that I just cut out that whole timeline, but that scene is so good.
I’m moving things from wherever they happened to fall in the old manuscript file to their places in the new one, and labeling as I go.
I have 169 pages left in my original disorganized chunk.
I started counting somewhere around 497.
I’m also cutting a lot of words (or at least throwing them into the cut this file. I’m not a barbarian.) And that’s a good thing, because the manuscript is over the limit, and besides, every word I cut is another word I don’t have to revise later.
I’ll have to write new chunks later, to fill in a timeline that was diverted to send a major character to prison.
I’m still on a tight word budget. Mostly, every word I write will have to be cut from somewhere else, or I’ll wind up with a series that doesn’t begin with a stand-alone. But… I’m not as hopelessly over as I was before the organization and machete-ing.
I’m getting there. Slowly.