Holly Lisle is bringing back her How To Think Sideways course, starting right now. It’s a comprehensive course on how to write a novel, from the idea to–well, dropping it in the mailbox, if you’re publishing traditionally, and publishing, if you’re going the indie route. It also–and this was the tipping point for me–comes with access to Holly’s forums, which are some of the nicest, most supportive, and stable writers’ forums I’ve come across. It’s a good community.
I happen to be a moderator over there, so be sure you say hi, when you’re there. Yeah, mostly, it means I answer questions, but sometimes I also get to be moderate.
This month, Juneta Key is hosting the StoryTime Blog Hop. The basic rules are:
- Short Story/Flash Fiction up 1000 words
- (PG RATED–No Violence, Erotica or Foul Language)
- Genre: GENERAL Speculative Fiction
- DEADLINE JANUARY 20TH, 2017 (Get your links to Juneta by then.)
- MUST DO: Pre-schedule post to Go Live with other participants. Failure to do this may cause your link to be removed from the lineup of story participants when the rest of the links are live on the day. Info for pre-scheduling here (required).
The stories don’t have to be for children, but as a general rule of thumb, you shouldn’t use anything that will make the children’s authors in the hop put a bag over their heads.
I’m still chugging away at the 52 Week Writing Challenge. One of my good influences just dropped out because of a family thing, though, so if you wanna join in, and be my new icon of writerly virtue, there’s an opening. Or, you know, if you want to join in and be a bad influence, or just write quietly in the corner. Plenty of space for everyone, and only a week in.